"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
- Wayne Dyer
I chose this quote for today because it rings so true for me. As I progressed on my spiritual journey and became less judgmental of people and situations, the people and situations simply changed...interestingly for the better. This became one of my biggest lessons in spirituality. Changing my old perception was key to move forward in my spiritual journey. It was something that I had to experience and observe personally, before it slowly became part of my "new" perception of life. This is where I learned that for me, the change comes step by step and that every moment and experience is an opportunity to look at the person or situation with a new perception. Every moment became an opportunity of learning and "trying out" my new perception.
One of those moments of clarity and change of perception came when I was watching Oprah's interview with Eckhart Tolle, where one of his quotes from his book "The New Earth" came into discussion. The quote was, "Life is the dancer, you are the dance". This was a huge light bulb moment for me. My interpretation of it is that when you stop thinking and interpreting the moment, the force of life will dance through you and provide the solution that is necessary in that moment. Why use your thinking mind when you can tap into the intelligence of the universe for a solution? Whatever that is happening in the moment is the play of the universe. So why not tap back into the universal intelligence for a response? My view is that the best way to get to this point is to become still and very present and aware in that moment. And if an action is required, it will arise without comprehension.
The interesting thing is that this has happened to me now in countless situations! One example? When my daughter is throwing a tantrum. In former times I would start to get upset, annoyed and irritated with her, sometimes even dragging her away with me when she is resisting to come with me. But nowadays and try to become still, even pretending as if I invited this moment into my life and look at what I can do in the moment. It is amazing because I view her tantrum as the play of the universe...the universe in action. Why should I resist or resent the universe in its flow? I tell myself then, "Just go with the flow and do what is necessary." And in that situation with my daughter throwing a tantrum, it was to calm her down.
No comments:
Post a Comment